Work With Us
Health Financing Specialist
Under the supervision of the Director of Programs - Universal Access, the Health Financing Specialist will work with IPPF/WHR teams to develop, improve, and support the implementation of sustainable financing mechanisms with Member Associations (MAs) that are at different stages of development. This position will support MAs in pricing of services, service expansion, and developing sustainability plans for youth programs in order for MAs to have a clear plan for financing a robust, evidence-based program of sexual and reproductive health service delivery for young people. The Health Financing Specialist will document the steps required to develop these plans and work to adapt them to the needs and resources of multiple MAs.
IPPF/WHR is a recognized leader in the international movement to ensure access to sexual and reproductive health care as a human right for all. In partnership with 41 Member Associations in the Americas and the Caribbean, we provide nearly 33 million services a year and work to secure government policies that improve people's lives.
IPPF/WHR pioneered the introduction of family planning services in Latin America and the Caribbean. We developed innovative and effective strategies for meeting the sexual and reproductive health needs of women, men, and young people in the region. IPPF/ WHR continues to respond to the tremendous need for contraceptive services, while also addressing a range of issues that have an impact on sexual and reproductive health, such as HIV/AIDS, gender-based violence, and unsafe abortion. Learn more at www.ippfwhr.org.
- • Hands-on knowledge of Latin American and Caribbean service delivery context, particularly related to public health, sexual and reproductive health, and youth programs.
- • Proven experience applying practical models of health financing to service-providing institutions (e.g., hospitals, health centers).
- • Experience improving the diversification of income sources.
- • Demonstrated commitment to IPPF/WHR’s mission and values.
- • Well organized, ability to follow through on details and meet deadlines.
- • Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish is required.
- • Graduate degree in health economics or related field.
- • Advanced writing, editing, and oral communications skills .
- • Demonstrated problem-solving, analytic, and financial skills.
- • Ability to take initiative and respond independently.
- • Ability to travel up to 40% time.
LOCATION: We prefer this position to be based in Latin America.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Barry Goldklang, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
IPPF/WHR is committed to equal opportunities and cultural diversity. Applications are encouraged from people living with HIV/AIDS.