Health Systems Strengthening Specialist
The principal responsibility of this position is to identifying and expanding key drivers of service growth throughout the region by supporting Member Associations to (1) expand their service offerings, (2) rollout new service delivery models such as Social Franchises and (3) strengthen their financial sustainability.
This position is based in New York.
IPPF/WHR is a recognized leader in the international movement to ensure access to sexual and reproductive health care as a human right for all. In partnership with 41 Member Associations in the Americas and the Caribbean, we provide nearly 33 million services a year and work to secure government policies that improve people's lives.
IPPF/WHR pioneered the introduction of family planning services in Latin America and the Caribbean. We developed innovative and effective strategies for meeting the sexual and reproductive health needs of women, men, and young people in the region. IPPF/ WHR continues to respond to the tremendous need for contraceptive services, while also addressing a range of issues that have an impact on sexual and reproductive health, such as HIV/AIDS, gender-based violence, and unsafe abortion. Learn more at www.ippfwhr.org.
Strategy development and program implementation (70%)
- Develop and support the implementation of strategies to support Member Associations in rolling out out new services and expanding existing services.
- Support Member Associations to establish, expand and effectively manage partnerships with public sector and private sector clinics and providers and serve as the IPPF/WHR focal point on Social Franchising and Public-Private partnerships.
- Support Member Associations in developing business lines to support programmatic growth objectives.
- Collaborate effectively and proactively with other programmatic areas, including youth, abortion and advocacy to maximize the impact of current programmatic interventions.
Grant management and program advising (20%)
- Support Member Associations in applying for and managing IPPF funds through the development and monitoring of IPPF-funded projects.
- Serve as the Regional Office focal point for at least one Member Association.
Partner engagement, fundraising and communication (10%)
- Write funding proposals and take an active role in fundraising efforts.
- Develop articles and technical publications as requested.
- Participate on behalf of the Regional Office in external meetings, conferences and workshops as requested.
- MPH, MBA or a Master’s degree in a relevant field
- 7+ years of experience working in public health, health financing, business, or related area. Experience should include designing, implementing and monitoring international sexual and reproductive health programs.
- Proven ability to work with and analyze both service level and financial data in strategy development and performance evaluation.
- Strong communications skills (speaking, writing, editing, and listening); with attention to detail and broad strategy and experience communicating to different audiences.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, problem solve effectively and work on multiple project simultaneously.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish is required. Portuguese a plus.
- Ability and experience in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with people, internally and externally, from a wide-variety of types of organizations, cultural backgrounds, and functional expertise.
- Experience working In Latin America and the Caribbean a plus.
LOCATION: New York, NY
25% of travel is required in the United States and internationally.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Sharon Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
IPPF/WHR is committed to equal opportunities and cultural diversity. Applications are encouraged from people living with HIV/AIDS.